Pages

Monday, August 3, 2026

My Spider-Man Brand New Day Review

 My Spider-Man Brand New Day Review


Intro: OK, Sony and Marvel Studios, you got me with the bait and switch. Then again, I should be mad at myself for falling for it.

Spider-Man Brand New Day: This movie takes place four years after the events of the last film, and Peter Parker/Spider-Man is living in isolation. One day, he come across someone with the ability to hop into other people's minds and cause trouble. This discovery leads to a government conspiracy. So, Spider-Man has to figure out what it is before it's too late. 

Sony and Marvel Studios need a stunner! Why oh why is it so hard to make a good Spider-Man movie!?! This movie could have been better if it had focused on Peter dealing with being isolated from the world, instead of having other characters and subplots. Due to that, Peter's story feels secondary to everything else. The person behind the mind jumping is a Marvel character who isn't a villain, but this movie made this character look bad. I wish this person had a different name because I refuse to believe this is the character from the comics. Also, this character can open up a can of worms for the MCU

Speaking of characters, two other characters from the MCU should have been removed from this movie because they served no purpose in the film. Really, this movie should've used other characters from Spider-Man Lore instead of characters from the MCU. This movie has the nerve to poke fun at Thanos Plan. Why!?! Do I really have to comment on why I'm annoyed that Scorpion and Tombstone are treated as cameos? Don't get me started on the Hand. The movie is lacking in the fun or charm department. Plus, it could have done a better job with the theme of Loneliness and moving on. Don't get me started on the ending. 

Spider-Man in this movie is the best Spider-Man we've had in years! He's cracking jokes, and the city and police are on his side. I can't comment on Peter Parker because he's barely in the movie. We mostly see him inside his apartment. This begs the question, what is he doing for money? The other issue I have with this character is the subplot with his powers. Fans suspect that this would lead to something else. I'm glad that it didn't, because you don't want to scare away your target demographic. Then again, this could have worked, and the movie looked like it was going in that direction, but the people behind the movie got cold feet. If that's the case, why entertain that idea in the first place? I have a minor complaint with the web shooters; they stand out like a sore thumb 

Ned and MJ don't do much in this movie. I get that they are here to give Peter closure, but the movie handled it awkwardly. 

Bruce Banner/The Hulk is one of the two characters that should have been removed from the film. He doesn't serve much of a purpose in this movie; that's a shame because more could have been done with him. 

Frank Castle/The Punisher is the best part of the movie for me! He's funny in his own right. I like his dynamic with Spider-Man; they kind of have a love-hate relationship. I just find it odd that he's in the movie, considering how hard he's been separated from the MCU films.    

Despite my gripes with the MCU character in this movie, they do make the film feel like a comic book film. It handles the love interest don't remember me trope better than GOTG. VOL 3. I like the look and feel of New York and Easter eggs. Spider-Man's web swinging and action scenes in this movie look refreshing. The emotional scenes are done well. 

In closing, this isn't a bad movie, but it fell short due to too much fat. 

Rating = Average
  

No comments:

Post a Comment