Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2025

My Primitive War review

 My Primitive War review 



Intro: Darn it! Why didn't we get this in the Jurassic Park franchise? 

Primitive War: This movie takes place during the Vietnam War, and it's centered on a recon team. This team is assigned to a search and rescue mission on an unknown Jungle. The team gets more than what they bargain for when they learn about a conspiracy involving Dinosaurs. So, the team have to figure out what it is before it's too late. 
 
This movie is basically Predator on PED, but not as good. It could have been easier to watch if the director had fun with the concepts in this movie instead of making it a horror film. Speaking of horror, the film could have done a better job in that department. I mean in the beginning of the movie, the dinosaurs were picking off people without a trace; later on in the film, they stop doing that. Also, the film is inconsistent about whether or not bullets can hurt them. Humor could have given the movie so life to it. The film also didn't help itself by putting it in the shadow of JP instead of standing on its own. Other issues I have with the film involve editing and a third party not getting enough attention. 

The characters, or lack thereof, are not worth talking about because they are empty vessels. There is one soldier in the group who stood out because of his mental problems. I'm not happy with the ending he got. I like how the dinosaurs look, and depicted in this movie for the most part. I was taken by surprise as far as who would survive in the end. The action and suspense in this film are serviceable. I can't comment on whether or not this movie is a good adaptation of the book it's based on because I didn't read it. 

Overall, this movie fell short of giving us an alternative to JP. With that said, I would still recommend dinosaur fans to check this out. 

Rating = Average      

No comments:

Post a Comment